by Jessi Purviance
I get lost.
My world consumes me.
Every ounce of energy and creativity is poured into other people, and at times it feels as though I have none left for myself.
The reward is rich. I have never felt so completely inadequate, but so satisfied with a job.
Afterward, I am left tired, empty and lonely.
Constantly surrounded by so many people. It is draining for me.
I am fueled by passion and love for the lives of these girls. They are strong and so broken. I am inspired by their will to survive through circumstances no human being should ever have to encounter.
They give me hope, just by their laughter and smiles.
My girls light up my days.
But there are other things. Spring break at home. Days filled with rest and simple happiness.
Hikes up the mountain through melting snow-fed miniature rivers and waterfalls. Trip through the Canadian rockies. Fresh lemonade.
I am waiting for the next step. In the meantime, I am content.
